Savings, CDs and IRAs
The future can be a cause for concern, or something to look forward to. Mount Vernon Bank & Trust can help make sure your future is a positive one with our savings solutions:
- Savings Accounts- the cornerstone of any savings plan
- Certificates of Deposit (CDs)- a reliable tool for helping your money grow securely
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)- it’s never too early to start thinking about retirement
Savings Account Comparison
- Regular Savings
- Money Market
- Money Market Plus
- Minimum Opening Deposit
- Money Market $2,500
- Money Market Plus$50,000
- Fees, Requirments and Benefits
Regular Savings18 free transfers or withdrawals per quarter*; $3.00 quarterly service charge if average balance falls below $25; ATM card available; interest credited quarterly; variable interest rate
- Money Market Six free transfers or withdrawals per month*; interest paid monthly when account balance above $1,000; $5.00 service charge if account balance falls below $500
- Money Market PlusSix free transfers or withdrawals per month*; interest paid monthly when account balance above $10,000; $5.00 service charge if account balance falls below $500
You can check current rates for our accounts here.
*Limit of six (6) transfers or withdrawals per month by pre-authorized, automatic, online, telephone, check, draft, debit card or similar order to third parties.
View the details of our Kids Count Savings and Young Savers CD accounts here.
Certificate of Deposit (CD)
A certificate of deposit, or CD, is a secure way to put money away for the future while helping it grow. We offer a wide selection of CDs from three to 48 months in length at competitive rates. Minimum balances for CDs vary based on the term of the certificate.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
IRAs are effective tools designed to save for retirement in order to live the lifestyle you want. While traditional and Roth IRAs each come with unique benefits, both offer you a way to save for the future.
If you have any questions about IRAs available through Mount Vernon Bank & Trust Company, our knowledgeable customer service representatives can help.